Greeley is gearing up for Friday Fest

Yes, summer is finally here. Not only do I move into a new house downtown tomorrow, but Greeley is really starting to heat up.

I am talking about Friday Fest. For those of you that don’t know, Friday Fest is a free event that happens every Friday from June 1stall the way to September.

Friday Fest closes off the arts district downtown, and brings in a multitude of performers. All of the restaurants are selling copious amounts of alcohol and everyone is in a drunken frenzy listening to the blaring music.

Friday Fest is one of Greeley’s biggest assets and events that happen all year. “Greeley Unexpected,” is a campaign driven to show how diverse and inclusive our town is. They are very successful and draw large crowds of people all summer long.

Although it sounds like Friday Fest is primarily for adults there are plenty of activities for kids to enjoy. These activities include street performers, face painting, chalk for drawing on the sidewalks and much more.

I am looking forward to seeing what Friday Fest has to offer this year, from various events like the Arts Picnic, to the Blues Jam, another great example of Greeley’s unacknowledged culture and influence.

Comments

  1. This is my first summer actually living in Greeley, and I'm excited to go to Friday Fest. I've heard about it throughout the school year but I never got the chance to go for the brief time that it overlaps with the fall semester. I can't wait to go and check it out this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment