Arts and music has always been a core part of what Greeley is. There are events through the year that support artists, and draws in big crowds.
The Greeley Blues Jamis a prime example of that. Mentioned in an earlier post from the first or second week of summer, the Blues jam gives me another overlooked part of Greeley.
Over thirty bands played last week Friday through Saturday, bringing in an audience of five thousand, and four hundred thousand dollars in revenue.
The event took place at the Island Grovearena from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. both Friday and Saturday.
The biggest reason why I wanted to bring this up was because an event like this encompasses the diversity that Greeley is boasting about constantly.
If it weren’t for events like these, Greeley would be even more boring than it already is.
Even though Greeley isn’t really known for the Blues or anything like that, we see people flying from all over the nation in order to come and see this two day event.
“I love going to the Blues Jam,” said Colin Alberts. “It gives people a chance to drink and enjoy the music, with great bands, and a great crowd it’s always a fun time.”
Ryan, this blues festival sounds very fun! I wish you would've gone into more detail about the event but linking to the website helped me find more information. I really enjoy the variety of topics you have explored through this blog!
ReplyDelete