This may be cliché but I wanted to talk about one of Greeley’s main attractions for the summer.
I’m going to discussing what the Greeley Stampede has to offer and why it is so significant to our community.
Now I’m going to start off by saying that I have attended the Stampede every single year of my life. Both of my parents were heavily involved with the Stampede Committee.
On top of that I was dragged along to every single rodeo, where my dad, and still does, buys front row seats every year.
Okay, so maybe it’s nothing special. You may say it’s just a Rodeo but what the Stampede is trying to promote western heritage and bring our community together.
That is true, but regardless of what the Stampede is trying to promote, it’s a great opportunity to enjoy Greeley. “Lots of people watching, it’s a great opportunity to see a large melting pot of all sorts of people, said Amanda Esparza.
With a multitude of booths, carnival attractions, and of the course the Rodeo, there is something to do for everyone.
The roaring audience, and consistent smell of fried food is something that brings back so many memories.
Including all of the carnival food, rides and events, they even have smaller stuff for kids like the petting zoo, and live animal entertainment. They even have a western art shows, a car show, and various stages scattered across the greens.
Another big selling point, and the end of the Greeley Stampede, is the Fourth of July. This massive event obviously includes fireworks, an end of the year celebration that wraps up what Greeley Stampede.
What a better way to end and celebrate western heritage than on independence day. Greeley was really founded on the idea of independence and this a great of example of Greeley bringing many communities together.
The Stampede also includes various concessions and shopping. From fake Gucci and Dior bags to western styled jewelry. We have it. It really has a great variety if you ask me.
Okay final story, they have an event called “Muttin Bustin” that includes little kids riding on sheep, and they get prizes for how long they can stay on. I participated in this when I was five years old.
I was only on for 3-4 seconds before I lost my grip and feel into the dirt. It was an interesting experience to say the least.
It’s really great to watch it now as a young adult, and having those memories.
To be quite honest, it was hard to talk about Greeley over the period of the course. I chose this topic because I thought if I can write about something that I have a difficult time putting into words, than I can write very well at things that I do enjoy talking about.
Regardless, The Greeley Stampede is a great event and I recommend if anyone is in town to check it out. It has filled me with a lot of great memories and nostalgia and I’m sure you will enjoy it to.
I went to the Stampede once and really enjoyed it. Even saw Toby Keith there years ago.
ReplyDelete